Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Home For The Holidays...

Let the holidays begin!!

Last week was my last business trip of the year. so, no more planes to catch, no more hotels to check in to, no more cars to rent, no more thinking about work, no more drinking in strange bars...at least for a few more weeks. I'll only sorta miss one of the above.

Xmas shopping is done...almost. I tied my record of two hours if I don't count the time I spent surfing online. One or two things yet to get for wifey, but that will coincide with my trip to the grocery store to purchase the vittles for the traditional Badabing family Xmas Eve feast, so I don't count that as shopping...technically. I even ordered a gift online...my second one ever...a new digital camera which was ordered yesterday and is scheduled to arrive today (and I didn't even pay for overnight shipping.)

So now I'm sitting in a Starbucks, drinking my morning espresso, listening to Frank, Dean and Bing sing Xmas carols (I should buy that album), looking at the pretty girls, browsing through some of my favorite blogs, thinking about some things I want to post in the next week, and trying to get into the holiday spirit. Yes...all of these things at the same time, not to mention writing this post...just call me Mr. multi-tasker.

Pop quiz...where did the 'X' in the abbreviation 'Xmas' originate?

Give up? Hah. Here's a hint from an old Francis Albert song I listened to last night...fill in the blank..."Though your figure's less than _____"

I ran into this joke on three blogs this morning, so I'm posting it here as well:

Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

"In honor of this Holy Season," said St. Pete, "you must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into Heaven.

"The first guy fumbles through his pockets and pulls out a lighter. He flicked it on. "This represents a candle," he says.

St. Pete says, "You may pass through the Pearly Gates."

The second guy reaches into his pocket and pulls out a set of keys. He shook them and said, "They're bells."

St. Pete says, "You may pass through the Pearly Gates."

The third guy searches desperately, and finally pulls out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looks at the man with a raised eyebrow, and says, "And just what do those symbolize?"

The man replies: "They're Carol's."

Ahh, now I'm gettin' into the spirit of things. :-)


Badaboom Badabing...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I noticed you didn't have ANY comments to this post. I don't know why. I laughed almost til I cried.

"Carol's".... sheesh!!!
lol

So consider this comment a belated Xmas gift. (Or an early one for '07)

Merry merry....