Tuesday, December 04, 2007

We Could Have Danced All Night...

Actually, we did.

A little more than a year ago the Badabings discovered ballroom dancing. What started out as a present of six dancing lessons to Mrs. Badabing led to an immediate addiction and a monthly dancing lesson bill that is more than many mortgage payments.

Several times per year our dance studio sponsors a program in which participants perform a choreographed routine. Last month, the missus and I did a tango-rhumba medley...we start with a tango, shift into a few rhumba steps, and then finish with another tango. Here's a clip of us doing our routine in front of an audience of about 400 people:




Just call me twinkle-toes...nah, on second thought that sounds too you-know-what.


Badaboom Badabing...



My Home Page

4 comments:

kenju said...

Well done!! Next thing we know, you'll both be pros on Dancing with the Stars!!

I have always wanted to be able to do that, but mr. kenju has 2 left feet and no interest in learning.

Anonymous said...

Judy...until about a year ago that was me too...i.e., same as mr kenju.

Anonymous said...

Standing O! your wife looks absolutely stunning.

And you did great ;)

Duke_of_Earle said...

Well, Claudia is about half right. MRS. BB looks terrific!

But (kidding aside) I agree that you (both) did great!

I think Carol would enjoy taking ballroom lessons, but I have quietly resisted for years. Why? Hey, I took dance in high school! But Carol is a perfectionist and would only be happy (I fear) if we both made all the steps and moves correctly and precisely together. I, on the other hand, am satisfied with "close enough." I'm afraid my Mrs. would get very frustrated with me pretty quickly.

I know . . . I should try it and find out. Well . . . Maybe . . . Someday.